Government Official’s Dagger — Alcoso ACS Solingen

SOLD!

Another fine example Government Official’s Dagger. The silvering overall is 100%, and does not appear to have been polished or cleaned – just a nice natural patina throughout. The artificial mother-of-pearl grip plates are without cracks or chips, only very minor use scratches noticeable in the right lighting. The hilt fittings are in beautiful condition with no major scratches and no dings, except a ding to the ferrule ring…

Out of stock

Another fine example Government Official’s Dagger. The silvering overall is 100%, and does not appear to have been polished or cleaned – just a nice natural patina throughout.

The artificial mother-of-pearl grip plates are without cracks or chips, only very minor use scratches noticeable in the right lighting. The hilt fittings are in beautiful condition with no major scratches and no dings, except a ding to the ferrule ring. It appears the ring may have taken a blow at some point (on the front side of the dagger), possible accounting for the slightly loose hilt. You can see the slight indentation caused by the blow in the last photo in the series below. The spanner nut holes do not appear to show any tampering. We typically see some mangling within and around these holes, indicating the grip was disassembled at some point, but not here. The cross guard eagle shows normal wear throughout, with slightly more than typical wear to the outermost protruding elements such as the eagle’s head and breast (shown in photos). Much of the facial detail has worn away.

Below the crossguard you can see the original buffer pad. The blade is in fantastic condition, showing only minor scuffs, some very small areas of spotting at the tip, and a few scratches across the blade here and there. The cross grain is very nice and prominent, as is the Alcoso ACS Solingen (scales) maker mark.

The scabbard has a beautifully patina and no notable rusting or corrosion, and no dings or dents. The hanger rings retain about 90% of their original detail, with normal use wear accounting for the other 10%. Both throat retainer screws are present and unmessed with.

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Government Official’s Dagger — Alcoso ACS Solingen”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.

Shopping cart

close