This item has Sold or is On Hold

A nice, early SA dagger by maker, J. P. Sauer & Sohn SUHL. A solid SA dagger, and nice example at an affordable price!

The grip has a very nice tone, one typically not found with these daggers. Only minor use wear (mainly scratches and a couple very small dings) can be found on either side. The grip eagle is superb, with approximately 95% of it’s original detail and a very nice, dark brown outline color in the wood surrounding the emblem. The SA roundel follows suit by retaining 100% of it’s enamel and detail. The upper and lower solid nickel guards are in great condition, also with only the normal, expected wear. The lower guard is stamped “Fr”.

The blade on this one has a very nice, prominent cross grain on both sides, and some minimal surface spotting throughout (shown in the photos). The maker’s mark, J. P. Sauer & Sohn SUHL (GEGR. 1751), and motto are a nice, crisp, deep etched medium gray tone.

The scabbard is the anodized type, with about 90% of the chocolate brown tone still present. The other 10% are spots that appear to have rub wear. There is also the typical corrosion spotting in places, approximately 10% of the overall body of the scabbard (mainly limited to only one side). The nickel fittings are in good shape, with all of the original hardware (screws) in place and appear to have not been messed with. The top fitting does have a couple minor dings, but the tip ball seems to have escaped the typical smashing affect from the dagger banging into door jambs and walls by the original wearer.